Old School Tools for Wheel Alignment

First off you need to get your hands on a caster/camber bubble gauge. One is required as you only work on one side of the car at a time. There are two types: magnetic mount and rim mount. I used a magnetic mount unit model "Gauge 29" made by Bear Manufacturing Corp out of Rock Island, Illinois. You will need a set of wheel turntables for the front wheels to pivot on. I used a set made by Hunter Engineering Company Model 25-18-1.

caster/camber gauge

Close up of a magnetic mount caster, camber and steering axis inclination gauge


One of two wheel turntables required

If this page has helped you, please consider donating $1.00 to support the cost of hosting this site, thanks.

Return to

Copyright Jan 16, 2011 Eugene Blanchard